Scientific research is clear: incorporating live probiotic cultures into your diet boosts the immune system and promotes digestive health. Yogurt is one of the best-known live culture foods, but there’s a world of incredible probiotic superfoods out there, each of them delicious and uniquely beneficial. Lacto-fermented pickles and sauerkraut (fermented in water, instead of pickled in vinegar) are making a comeback, with more and more people culturing them at home. Kefir and kefir water energy drinks are also easy to make, delicious and very nutritious. Homemade cheese, kimchi, tempeh, kefir, kombucha – these superfoods literally bubble over with fresh flavour and health benefits.
Tempeh adds nutrition to salads.
With a temperature range of 70F-120F and the durability to operate for as many hours or days as necessary, the Proofer provides an ideal environment for fermenting and culturing probiotic superfoods. Each food has a different optimal temperature for culturing, making the digital control of the Proofer vital for success:
- Kombucha does best from 22-28º C
- Tempeh is cultured at 31º C.
- Japanese Natto needs a steady 38º C.
- Kefir and kefir water drinks work in a range from 21-29º C.
- Home cheese makers need to hold milk at steady temperatures of /22-39 ºC during ripening.
Wherever your interest lies, the Proofer brings consistency and reliability to the process of culturing healthy, wholesome food at home.
- See how the Proofer excels at rising homemade bread and making yogurt.
- View the wide array of beautiful, hand-crafted foods that you can make with the Proofer.
With a temperature range of 21 – 49 ° C and the ability to operate for as many hours or days as needed, the proofer provides the ideal environment for fermenting and cultivating probiotic foods.