Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
The Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker has improved upon all the beloved features of the standard Folding Proofer and adds a Slow Cook mode. Both modes can be used continuously (for weeks even!) giving you a range of temperature between 21-90º C depending on your requirements.
Enjoy delicious one-pot meals using your own favourite Dutch oven or pot. Bread bakers will love the accurate, humid, low temperature control in Proofer mode perfect for rising and fermenting yeast bread dough or sourdough. Making yogurt in your own containers, melting chocolate, slow roasting black garlic or culturing a wide variety of probiotic fermented foods such as kombucha, tempeh and kefir are just a few of the applications of this unique appliance. Best of all, it folds flat in seconds for easy storage.
One Pot Slow Cooking.
Convenient space-saving desig.
Your favourite pot is now your favourite slow cooker.
Breadmaker’s Dream Machine.
Accurate temperature control. Consistent humidity.The consistent low-temperature warmth is perfect for breadmakers.
Ultimate solution for fermenting and culturing. Explore a new world of fermented foods from kombucha to tempeh.
Folds Flat for Storage
Spacious enough to hold several loaves of bread, an 7,5 Litre stock pot or 9 Litres of yogurt, yet folds down flat for storage in seconds. Fits in a kitchen drawer or pantry with sheet pans and cutting boards. Rack and water tray store inside when closed.
- Temperature range: 21-90º C
- Anodised aluminum heating plate
- Stainless steel wire rack
- Aluminum water tray (typical humidity 60-80%)
- Reinforced polypropylene body, large viewing window
- Instruction Manual with Recipe Booklet
- Interior (open) WxDxH: 38 x 32 x 20 cm (21.5cm high without rack)
- Exterior (open) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 27 cm (18″ x 14.5″ x 10.5″)
- Exterior (folded) WxDxH: 46 x 37 x 8 cm (18″ x 14.5″ x 3″)
- Weight: 4.3 kg
- 230V, 50Hz (200W)
- Model FP-205 Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker replaces the FP-201 Folding Proofer. The FP-205 retains and improves upon all the beloved features of the FP-201 and now also comes with a Slow Cook mode.
- See FAQs for more information.
- Storage: Rack, water tray and proofer walls fit inside Folding Proofer for storage.
- Power Cord: UK power cord (removable).
How it Works: Proofer Mode
Accurate Low-Temperature Warmth for Bread, Yogurt, DIY Superfoods, and Tempering Chocolate
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer creates an environment of consistent low-temperature warmth that is vital for many kitchen processes. Gentle and consistent radiant heat rises from the aluminum base plate. Digital temperature controls provide settings from 21–49C.
A thermostat in the base of the Proofer controls the heat within a narrow range, making the Proofer much more consistent than yogurt makers, dehydrators, or ovens on proof settings. Food is warmed with radiant heat from the base and is generally stable within several degrees.
Proofer Mode – Humid
Proofer Mode – Dry
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer used in Dry Mode is best for making yogurt, chocolate, butter, tempeh, kifir, kombucha, sour cream, creme fraiche, cheese, and natto. Simply remove the water tray and place containers on the rack above the heating plate.